The Holy Week
Monday, 11 March 2013 04:06 Written by Rev Dr David Koh Last Updated on Monday, 11 March 2013 04:40
When Jesus entered into Jerusalem riding on a humble donkey, he portrayed Peace. At the Last Supper, when he bent down to wash the disciples’ feet, he set the example of a humble Servant. In the Garden of Gethsemane, Jesus was downcast and heavy-hearted upon seeing his slumbering disciples and facing the crowds who betrayed him with shouts of “Crucify him”! Alone, he struggled on. When our Heavenly Father turned his face from our Lord, He too suffered the agony and extreme pain of desertion by those dearest to Him.
Jesus Christ fulfilled God’s salvation plan for mankind even unto death and thus changed the course of his history for you and me. Our Lord humbly offered himself to bring about reconciliation between God and man and man to man. Meekly He served as a slave, not lording over us.
Let the love of Christ once again impact us, so that our lives may respond to His plea: “Now that I, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also should wash one another’s feet.”(John 13 :14). As the Lord died for us so shall we live for Him, following the example He left us until the end of our days.
This Easter season, let us testify to God’s glory, simply by soaking in His grace, listening to His voice and the voice of the Holy Spirit and be lead to walk in His will. May the resurrection of Christ be with you.
Wednesday, 30 September 2009 14:08 Written by HMC Web Administrator Last Updated on Wednesday, 30 September 2009 14:11
The Spiritual House / The New Beginning
Saturday, 09 March 2013 03:23 Written by Ps Charles Tan Last Updated on Saturday, 09 March 2013 06:24
January has come and gone. What actually comes to your mind as you reflect on the messages, the events that took place and the repeated impressions you have received from your fellowship with God's people? As for me, this is what I see:
First foremost, we are God’s building in which we are living stones build up together in Christ. "you also, as living stones, are being built up a spiritual house, a holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ." (I Peter 2:5 NKJV) What this means is, we have one foundation - that is Christ and we are to stay connected, so as to be an offering, holy and acceptable to God.
Second, the leadership has a definite consciousness of the roles of the Holy Spirit, for we know that it is 'Not by might nor by power, but by My Spirit,’ Says the Lord of hosts. (Zechariah 4:6,NKJV). Knowing that the Holy Spirit is always at work in us hence all we need is simply replace our energy by giving Him room through obedience, faith and joy.
Third, it's about beholding Christ. Consider Him as we imitate Him, build up in Him and will result in our transformation but with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as by the Spirit of the Lord." (2 Corinthians 3:18 NKJV)
In conclusion, it’s evident that iron sharpens iron so, let us empower one another to be conformed in the image of Christ through edifying and comforting one another. We certainly are not able to do this in our own strength but allowing the Spirit to dwell in us and to lead us while we keep our focus on Christ, "Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God." (Hebrews 12:1, 2 NKJV)
The New Beginning
The Lunar New Year has just passed. We can have a new beginning because we finished well. These 4Fs may appear negative but they work towards finishing well.
1. Forget Not God's blessings. "Bless the Lord, O my soul, And forget not all His benefits:" (Psalms 103:2 NKJV) Our LCEC Chairman shared on the milestone the church has been through, we see and thank God for the followings:
- Prayer focus at LCEC Retreat
- Pentecost Sunday when the Holy Spirit is so evidently present in our services
- Power of unity with numerous combined services among all congregations
- Providing generously to the needy that overshot our targeted amount.
2. Flight Not because of evil doers. "For you shall not go out with haste, Nor go by flight; For the Lord will go before you, And the God of Israel will be your rear guard." (Isaiah 52:12 NKJV) Be still and know that I am God. Set aside quality time for Silence and Solitude to recognise His presence that will make a difference in our response during spiritual warfare.
3. Fear not but be strong and be of good courage as we embark on the tasks before us, “This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate in it day and night, that you may observe to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success." (Joshua 1:8 NKJV). The WORD will be the principles of our practises.
4. Faint not as we wait upon Him, "But those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint. (Isaiah 40:31 NKJV) we will continue to make this church to be a house of prayer and we will not allow any obstacles to discourage or make us grow weary.
Let's face the future with God's agenda in mind as we guard our hearts of these 4Fs ie, Forget not God’s blessings, Flight not because of evil doers, Fear not to embark on the task before us and Faint not as we wait upon the Lord. "Keep your heart with all diligence, for out of it spring the issues of life." (Proverbs 4:23 NKJV)
Entering into the New Season of your life
Monday, 18 February 2013 08:15 Written by Jonathan Teo Heng Leng Last Updated on Monday, 18 February 2013 08:35
Monday, 01 June 2009 14:33 Written by HMC Web Administrator Last Updated on Friday, 24 July 2009 02:17
Welcome to the official website of Hinghwa Methodist Church.
We hope that you will be able to find the information that you need.
Keep yourselves updated for more events and happenings through this site.
Thank you for being part of this Church. For those who have yet found or are looking for a church to worship, we want to extent an invitation to you to join us in our worship services.
Other than the church services on Saturdays & Sundays, we have Weekly Programmes For Your Participation:
- Senior Citizens’ Fellowship: Every Wednesday 10.00am to 1.00pm
- Parents’ Group: Every Wednesday 7.45pm to 9.00pm
- Joshua Generation: Every Saturday 4.30pm to 6.30pm
- PowerHouse: Every Sunday 1.15pm to 3.00pm
May the Lord bless you.
Page 1 of 3«StartPrev123NextEnd»